132 There are exceptional times
Helloooooooo, it's 10.01PM and I'm alone at home. :D
Chose not to attend my cousin's birthday celebration so here I am at home while my parents are out. Home is in complete silence and I kind of like this feeling. :) Only if the weather could be more cooling and chilling, everything will be almost up to my satisfaction. Hahaha.
Subconsciously, we are going to the month of August in a few hours time. From O levels to graduation from secondary school and moving on to tertiary education, everything seems like it happened just yesterday. Time flies, don't they ?
Anywayyy, I made a record in my life ! (Not a good one though)
For the whole time in my life, after schooling for close to 14 years, I skipped school for the first time. :O To add on to the 'first' in my life, I overslept yesterday on a school day. Supposing to wake up at 5.55AM, I woke up at 9.36AM instead. The moment I saw light from my brother's room, I know I'm dead. I OVERSLEPT.
Wow, yesterday's weather was chilling and just nice to sleep in. The sky was overcast and dull. I didn't hear my alarm ringing. Woke up in shock. My mind went completely blank. Sure I look like a mad person when I walked out of my room.
Me, "Today Friday ah !?!?"
Mom, "Yes."
Me, "Sh*t!" -almost pulling my hair-
Mom, "Why ?"
Me, "I overslept ! I'm LATE !!!!!"
Mom, "I thought you are having afternoon classes."
Me, "My class begins at 8AM!"
I was overwhelmed with anxiety.. Everything seem like a dream to me. IT DEFINITELY FEELS LIKE ONE. I was fidgeting my hair all the while thinking "Why why why ?!"
Before I'm able to react, I had to think if I should attend for the following classes since it goes all the way 5PM. I wouldn't be able to make it in time for the 10AM tutorial. Only 1.5hr of practical was important while the rest of the classes weren't that important. Or should I say I wouldn't gain anything out from the lecture and tutorial (more like settling admin matters). In addition, the sky was pouring heavily. In conclusion, I skipped the whole day.
Woooooosh, don't ever think I am having a great time at home. (Although part of it yes, since I get to do things at my own pace) Diligent me (such a thick-skinned fellow :P) read up the textbook and did the practicals myself. -grins- Not too bad okayyy, at least some of them were correct after checking with my classmate. :D
(It comes to my mind... Self-learning at home isn't that bad. I get to sleep in and do things at my own pace. :P)
Yesterday was one of the scariest day in my life. I've never skipped school, ever. What's more a full day when Friday's lessons are heavily concentrated. History is never going to repeat itself again. N-E-V-E-R. Cooling weather doesn't give me an excuse to oversleep.
Minimum 75%. I am assured that I have a minimum of >90% of attendance. After all, being a good student for so many years can be ... tired ? Alright, it's not. I made a record. 13 years of full attendance, now it's something outstanding. Now did I know that my brother always aims for >=75% of his attendance. Not a good role model :P
Upcoming two weeks will be packed with proposal, projects and presentations. Press on for two more weeks, I will have a relatively good break. Unfortunately, there are still examinations to study for. At least I know I can slow down my pace. :)
JIAYOU :D
Chose not to attend my cousin's birthday celebration so here I am at home while my parents are out. Home is in complete silence and I kind of like this feeling. :) Only if the weather could be more cooling and chilling, everything will be almost up to my satisfaction. Hahaha.
Subconsciously, we are going to the month of August in a few hours time. From O levels to graduation from secondary school and moving on to tertiary education, everything seems like it happened just yesterday. Time flies, don't they ?
Anywayyy, I made a record in my life ! (Not a good one though)
For the whole time in my life, after schooling for close to 14 years, I skipped school for the first time. :O To add on to the 'first' in my life, I overslept yesterday on a school day. Supposing to wake up at 5.55AM, I woke up at 9.36AM instead. The moment I saw light from my brother's room, I know I'm dead. I OVERSLEPT.
Wow, yesterday's weather was chilling and just nice to sleep in. The sky was overcast and dull. I didn't hear my alarm ringing. Woke up in shock. My mind went completely blank. Sure I look like a mad person when I walked out of my room.
Me, "Today Friday ah !?!?"
Mom, "Yes."
Me, "Sh*t!" -almost pulling my hair-
Mom, "Why ?"
Me, "I overslept ! I'm LATE !!!!!"
Mom, "I thought you are having afternoon classes."
Me, "My class begins at 8AM!"
I was overwhelmed with anxiety.. Everything seem like a dream to me. IT DEFINITELY FEELS LIKE ONE. I was fidgeting my hair all the while thinking "Why why why ?!"
Before I'm able to react, I had to think if I should attend for the following classes since it goes all the way 5PM. I wouldn't be able to make it in time for the 10AM tutorial. Only 1.5hr of practical was important while the rest of the classes weren't that important. Or should I say I wouldn't gain anything out from the lecture and tutorial (more like settling admin matters). In addition, the sky was pouring heavily. In conclusion, I skipped the whole day.
Woooooosh, don't ever think I am having a great time at home. (Although part of it yes, since I get to do things at my own pace) Diligent me (such a thick-skinned fellow :P) read up the textbook and did the practicals myself. -grins- Not too bad okayyy, at least some of them were correct after checking with my classmate. :D
(It comes to my mind... Self-learning at home isn't that bad. I get to sleep in and do things at my own pace. :P)
Yesterday was one of the scariest day in my life. I've never skipped school, ever. What's more a full day when Friday's lessons are heavily concentrated. History is never going to repeat itself again. N-E-V-E-R. Cooling weather doesn't give me an excuse to oversleep.
Minimum 75%. I am assured that I have a minimum of >90% of attendance. After all, being a good student for so many years can be ... tired ? Alright, it's not. I made a record. 13 years of full attendance, now it's something outstanding. Now did I know that my brother always aims for >=75% of his attendance. Not a good role model :P
Upcoming two weeks will be packed with proposal, projects and presentations. Press on for two more weeks, I will have a relatively good break. Unfortunately, there are still examinations to study for. At least I know I can slow down my pace. :)
JIAYOU :D

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home